Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Picture God is Painting


I'm embarrassed that it's been over a month since I updated my blog. I promise to do better. :)

If you've been keeping up with me, you know that on February 9 I became a NANA when my 18 year old daughter gave birth to her 10lb 2 oz baby girl. If you know me at all--you also know that in the picture I was painting for my daughter's life--not in a million years would I have painted THIS!

In my last shout out; I told you that I was convicted that I needed to "step away from the canvas" and let God do the painting. My exact words were:

...In the conversation with one of those friends, I told her that God was showing me the difference between begging Him for the "picture" and instead trusting Him for the "promise."

You see, God is faithful to HIS PROMISES, not to our pictures. We have a tendency to paint pictures that interpret His promises--imaginations gone wild--daydreams---snapshots of what the fulfillment of God's promises look like.

As I described this thought to one friend I told her that God was challenging me to let Him be the one to paint the picture. She responded to me, "Leighann, step away from the canvas!"

So right now I'm washing my paint brushes and putting them away--for God has assured me that when He fulfills His promises the picture He paints will be a MASTERpiece.

Well, I just want you to know that He is far from finished; but you tell me--how's He doing so far?

4 comments:

bethdunn said...

I think He's created another masterpiece!

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

Precious...precious...precious.

I don't know you...but I"ve read your blog for a while now...and I pray for you often.

Blessings to you...your sweet family...and your new precious baby grand-daughter.

Wife of the Pres. said...

Definitely a masterpiece created by her Father!!! Congratulations on your beautiful granddaughter!

So glad you shared a pic here as I don't do facebook and have been wanting to sneak a peak at her!

I am certain she must already have both her Nana and PT (Papa? Grandpa? :) wrapped around her tiny fingers!

Heather Scott said...

Sweet Misty is Beautiful! I'm encouraged and challenged by your blog. As I struggle with my daughters choices, I am telling myself, "Heather, step away from the canvas, put down the brush..." (deep breath)

Thank you for the wonderful lesson this morning on marriage relationships during times of crisis. You are a blessing!